Why don’t you laugh?
10 minutes of genuine laughter
Give 40 minutes of pain relief!
How cool is it to laugh!
It may be a cliché but we are used to hearing that laughter is the best medicine. Scientific and neuroscientific studies are backing it up. And here’s the biggest advantage – it is free. You don’t even have to have a reason to do it.
No wonder, laughter is great for our health and gives us the following benefits:
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
- Laughter in the workplace reduces job stress. It improves morale, boosts productivity and creativity, and improves communication in the workplace.
- Laughter dissolves distressing emotions. You can’t feel anxious, angry, or sad when you’re laughing.
- Laughter helps you relax and recharge. It reduces stress and increases energy, enabling you to stay focused and accomplish more tasks.
- Laughter shifts perspective, allowing you to see situations in a more realistic, less threatening light. A humorous perspective creates psychological distance, which can help you avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- In relationships laughter allows you to be more spontaneous. Humor gets you out of your head and away from your troubles.
- Laughter can let go of defensiveness. Laughter helps you forget judgments, criticisms, and doubts.
- Laughter releases inhibitions. Your fear of holding back and holding on are set aside.
- Laughter allows you to express your true feelings. Deeply felt emotions are allowed to rise to the surface.
According to research, we only need to unlock that part in our brains that handles laughter, since our brains and bodies are pre-programmed to respond well and positively to it. We only need to tap into the “voluntary” laughter parts of our brain which are the premotor/frontal opercular areas, through the motor cortex and pyramidal tract to the ventral brainstem. And you are on your way to infecting others with your laughter.
Promoting a culture of fun and laughter in your organization and your business can get you better results. Laughter can help produce desirable motivation levels, attitudes, and enhanced performance within an organization.
Happiness does not occur through chance. It is a choice. And it is a matter of putting things into the right perspective with humor as a crucial part of achieving happiness.
Douglas McCoy has written what most think could be the world’s best self-image and personal development series of books that will bring laughter into your life.
From a school drop out, barely able to read, Douglas McCoy learnt the principles of keeping the three dimensions—body, mind, and spirit—working to his advantage and ReCreated his life to excel, break records, and win awards in sales, sports, business, studies and the spiritual. Douglas learned how to ReCreate himself, so let him show you how to take yourself from where you are, to where you want to be.
And the first step is to laugh your way to happiness and become the best of who you are.
With the same spirit of laughter and fun you have enjoyed in the How Cool Series of Books— Now, you can access the
How Cool Is It To Laugh CD!
Consider laughing more often. You can always share your laughter with someone you meet today. These days, the funny side of life often takes the backseat and there are those who cannot even recall the last time they laughed out loud.
Having humor in your life is invaluable. It lightens the mind and body. And as already mentioned, you won’t be charged a dollar for laughing—it is free. You can always have big doses of it anytime, anywhere.
Go and Laugh your way to a better you.